Introduction To Medical Billing For Urologists
Urology billing and coding demands particular skill and understanding, and only urology billing professionals can handle its complexities. Oncology, gastroenterology, andrology, and pediatrics are only a few of the areas where urology is closely related to other medical specialties. This makes urology unique and difficult to comprehend.
Urologists frequently lose sight of their revenue cycle as they focus on providing outstanding medical care. Urology operations are often expensive, and non-payment or underpayment can have a significant impact on the business. Due to a lack of competence, an in-house billing team can be useful, but it can also result in many denials. There are many advantages to outsourcing your medical bill collection and denials to a company like Swift Medical Solutions, which is well-versed in the urological billing lexicon.
Our Urology Medical Billing Services
Our team of urology billers & coders understands the nuances of the job. To reduce denials and improve collections, we’ve created a set of best industry practices. Our clients include hospitals, physician practices, and medical billing organizations from across the United States.
A dynamic, denial-free revenue cycle management procedure is the result of our expertise in Urology billing and coding. You may focus on patient care while our team works to improve your collections. We’ve assembled a team of experts who are:
- AAPC-Certified by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and trained in the most common Medical Coding Software
- Accomplished in submitting medical claims to the majority of commercial insurance companies as well as government payers like Medicare and Medicaid.
- Accomplished in working policies in several states.
- Providers of cost-cutting services and assistance in enhancing clinical and operational effectiveness
- Strong prior authorization team to ensure the acquisition of comprehensive patient data.
Analyzing The Data
Our financial reporting provides you with the information you need to identify the underlying causes of charge difficulties, eliminate inefficiencies in the process, enhance coding compliance, and guarantee the accuracy of all claims. It is possible for office administrators and managers to swiftly review performance and trends, dive down into data to study the root cause by reason, evaluate payer performance, and assess the financial effect of claim rejections.
In addition to the normal month-end reporting that provides information on charges, collections, and your AR, we also provide the following types of financial reports:
- Analyze financial ratios in comparison to MGMA standards.
- Analyze possible under, over, and incorrectly coded cases.
- Analyze top CPT codes for a cost-benefit analysis of the procedure.
- Assess which payers routinely impede payments through needless denials and “lost” claims in the Payer Reimbursement Analysis.
- Examine provider and employee productivity depending on specific service location, revenue, and RVU’s AR. Analysis of aging based on payer-by-payer payment velocity and CPT
Reducing Claim Denials With Expertise
The success of the revenue cycle begins with patient registration and continues throughout the claims cycle, as we’ve learned from our experience working with physicians and healthcare organizations. Patient denials, rejected claims, and reissued statements are all decreased when accurate demographic and financial data is provided upfront. The accuracy of a claim is crucial to preventing a denial, and the following factors influence it:
- Quality of patient registration data
- Insured and uninsured services, as well as medical necessity review
- Benefits coverage and eligibility
- The standard of medical records
- Assert editing rights
- Rules and requirements set out by the payer
You can rely on our team of qualified medical coders and billing professionals to ensure that your urology practice gets paid for the services it provides.