Introduction To Neonatology
Neonatology is a pediatric discipline that focuses on the medical treatment of newborn babies, particularly those who are sick or preterm. It is a hospital-based specialty, with the majority of cases occurring in neonatal critical care units. Primary patients are newborn babies who are unwell or need special medical care as a result of preterm, low birth weight, intrauterine growth restriction, congenital abnormalities (birth defects), sepsis, pulmonary hypoplasia, or birth asphyxia.
Why Should You Choose Swift In Your Neonatal Practice?
As a neonatal care practitioner, you are in charge of the tiniest patients who may offer the greatest problems. Premature infants, those who are underweight, or those who are battling a life-threatening medical condition need round-the-clock care to guarantee their safe return home. Families depend on you and your team to care for their kids, which is why dealing with complicated medical billing concerns may be distracting.
A medical billing and coding partner may manage your department’s financial operations, freeing you your time and resources to focus on patients and their families.
How We Approach Neonatology Billing
We correctly classify both E/M services provided to healthy infants, and NICU care provided to neonates with congenital impairments. To prevent rejections and re-submissions, our team files clean claims the first time and adheres to all-payer policies, rules, and laws. Our coding team leverages their wide experience and assists in the right use of modifiers to prevent rejections.
Our customer base spans all 50 states and includes a diverse spectrum of hospitals with neonatal intensive care units, physician offices, and medical billing organizations.
Our coders are certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders in ICD-9/10, CPT, and HCPCS coding rules supplied by CMS and AMA (AAPC). We have almost a decade of expertise in neonatal billing and coding. Additionally, we are experts in LEVEL III NICU billing and coding.
What Makes Our Service Stand Out From The Rest
We provide expertise, understanding, and precision in neonatal billing and coding services while also ensuring that your hospital’s revenue cycle is error-free. Our staff works to ensure that the billing, coding, claim to file, and payment posting processes. That is as painless as possible. We follow up on accounts receivables persistently and get prior permission to prevent claim rejections. We assist you in providing superior care to your pediatric patients by concentrating on administrative and financial excellence. We provide you with a team of professionals that includes the following:
- Certified by The American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and trained on the majority of popular medical coding software.
- Successfully processed medical claims with commercial insurers. Such as UHC, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana BCBS, and Anthem, as well as with government payers such as Medicare.
- Successfully collaborate with Medicare and have a thorough understanding of state-specific Medicaid policies
- Cost-cutting experts dedicated to assisting you in achieving greater clinical and operational efficiency
- Our customers generally notice an increase in revenue of 20% and a decrease in rejections of at least 15%. This is accomplished via the application of our knowledge and process rigor.